Thursday, October 6, 2011

In a long-distance relationship - is it fair to hold a grudge when he can't be when you need him?

The reason I am here in %26quot;marriage and divorce%26quot; is because this is about my relationship after a divorce (and it's a long-distance one). Not sure why but recently a lot of nasty things happened to me in a space of few weeks: was ill for 3 weeks, then car crash (lucky escape), then the recent one when I was harassed by the lodger in my house and was scared for my life. Long story but managed to change locks, called the police 3 times cause she was threatening and erratic. The truth is my boyfriend has been very supportive while this was happening, but on the phone. A part of me is now really really sad because I feel if it happened to him I would fly over straight away... it's one hour of a flight only.. obviously, it didn't occur to him. So is this not love then? Should I stop it if that's how I feel?
In a long-distance relationship - is it fair to hold a grudge when he can't be when you need him?
Did you ask him to come see you? If you did and he refused then maybe he doesn't care as much for you as you do for him.



If you didn't ask, give him the benefit of the doubt, guys don't know what you're thinking or what you need. He probably feels that in a situation like that he can handle himself and you must be doing ok too.



Long distance relationships are tough and few work out for the best. I hope this one does for you but do not ignore the signs if it's not. Just ask yourself if this is something you want to go through, by yourself.
In a long-distance relationship - is it fair to hold a grudge when he can't be when you need him?
well i think sometimes men can be slightly inconsiderate and won't think what we might need....just talk to him about it..next time you need him he'll know..sometimes you just have t hint in a smart way at what you want him to do...like while on the phone to him you could say %26quot;i really need you right now..wish you could just jump on the plane and be here to pick me up%26quot; or something less cheesy!

hope you're ok!
Did you ask him to come over? Guys are inherently bad at telling what they should or should not do...how can he be expected to know that you need him right there if you don't tell him? You can't bear a grudge against him for not being telepathic - men are fairly simple folk.
why does he live away??? maybe bc of his job he couldnt come.



Ex. My husband is military and no matter how sick i was or even better i was having his child and he couldnt come for the birth.
I think it depends on what each of you consider priority. My husband was a long distance relationship, he lived an hour flight away...my father died and I did not expect him to come to me unless he could really drop his obligations. He was able to get out of work but he had to beg for the time.



Perhaps the bf didn't want to miss work...

Perhaps he did not think that he would want to miss a chance to come out right at those times and then lose his chance at coming at a later time?



Did you ask him why he didn't consider it?



It doesn't mean he doesn't love you...he probably just weights things differently than you do.



Make sure to communicate your feelings. Relationships will have their ups %26amp; downs...if you feel bad right now...you may not two days from now. Be patient.
I wouldn't call a one hour flight a long distant relationship. A 24 hour flight yes. I would be like you I would have flew in the circumstances. If my partner was only 1 hour away and we were serious about each other. I would like to think we could spend time together every other weekend.
Long distance relationships, hun they dont work. Man role is to be there to protect and shelter his female partner. Hold her to make her feel secure and to kiss her when she feels un loved. May sound weird and I am a rugby player born and bred in South Africa but every man should have been taught that by their father. If you are in tears does a pillow stroke your hair or hold you tight and so dont worry I wont let anything hurt you. Living in the UK now it was a major culture shock to see how woman get treated here but in fairness not all english guys are the same but the majority rule applies here. If you have read all the answer you get it doesnt matter you still have to do what right by yourself and what you feel will make you happy.