Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do I get out of this hell marriage?

We got married last august in LA, she is american and I am northern european and we live in the UK.my life has been a living hell for the last couple of 6 months and things are not getting better. We are expecting a child together bu I can't take it anymore, I have lost all my friends, I can't do anything but report to her and get her approval. I have become completely isolated from a normal life and I cannot even join my local gym or meet my work colleagues after work because she doesn't like gyms or driving. I want out and I don't want anything but my clothes and to see my child. I have nothing for her to take, she has all the money and the house, I have told her that I cannot live like this and that I want a divorce, she now has taken my debit/credit cards, passport and drivers license so that I cannot go anywhere.and she threatens to change locks on the doors if I leave the house. She is a complete nutcase and I just want to get the hell out of this marriage and move on with my life. What can I possibly do to get my belongings back and terminate this marriage? I can't even rent a hotel room without identification.
How do I get out of this hell marriage?
They you must challenge. if necessary, tear the house apart to look for your ID and whatnot.



If she changes the locks, bust out a window. Get the police involced in this mess
How do I get out of this hell marriage?
call the police dude.
Tell the police, it isn't right

i wish you all the best
divorce her or go to marriage council's
She can't take your personal items such as id, passport - Contact the consulate where you live - see if they can help you get another passport or id - and get away from that crazy woman.
Well, I don't know about the laws in the UK, but in the US the police will do a civil standby where the cops come over and wait there while you gather your belongings. Call them and tell them that she took your wallet, passport etc and that you want to leave but she won't return them to you. See if they will come out while you get them, maybe that will scare her into giving them to you. If they won't, do you know where she put your stuff? If you do, just go get it and leave while she is sleeping.
file for divorce and joint custody. tell the court what belongings she has of yours. she legally cannot take your credit and debit cards and identification. they will physically take them from her and give them back to you. if she refuses, she goes to jail. sorry for your strife, she does sound insane.
Well if her name is not on the credit then she basicly is steeling call the police then move out..
You should have never gotten married if you were not ready to be fully commited to your wife. Now she is expecting your child and you want a divorce. What a slime ball you are. Do her a favor give her more than half your money, leave the house, car, and everything else to her name and get out of her life. And you start over new, allow her to find a new husband so she can raise the child you have given her in a decent family with a man who loves her and her child. You do not deserve her.
File for a divorce, and worry about the aftermath later. If you walk out on her, where will her income come from? She cant deny you your child, so by law you have the right to be in your childs life. Leave and let her realize what she is doing to you, and she will because its just like they say, %26quot;you never know what you have until its gone%26quot;.
911
I think the best thing to do is confront her one last time and tell her exactly how you feel and what do you want.

if she disagrees hire a good lawyer and take this to court. I`m sure they will appeal to your case.



Good luck on the 180 turn on your life !
YOU KNOW YOU CAN ALWAY GET NEW CARD AND GO TO THE DMV AND GET A NEW ONE WITH A CHANGE OF ADDRESS...

THEN WHEN YOU GO TO WORK DONT COME HOME....BUT BE READY FOR A BIG DIVORCE BATTLE SHE SOUND LIKE SHE WILL PUT YOU THUR THE RINGER

SEEK GOOD LAWYER AND LET HIM KNOW WHATS HAPPENING,.BEST OF LUCK
Your child needs you. Some of my close, close friends have grown up without there fathers/mothers and they turned out horrible; on drugs, hookers, McDonalds workers, one of them committed suicide. I know you feel trapped and depressed, and I can see how you feel that way, but you should get marriage counseling, for your baby. Your baby needs you there while he/she grows up. Just try to work it out with counseling and I'm sure your wife will loosen up. She is just acting the way she is because she loves you very much and is afraid you will leave and not be there for your baby, or her. Just try to work it out!
number one get a laywer order a new debit card and above all get a po box open a new bank account and most of all beat the hell out of her you seem to be a patsy and not a man



besides how can she use your debit card without a pin number you must be a real big foooooooool
,



it is sometimes very hard to think straight and I know this may sound simply talk to a lawyer.
If she's confining you in her home, that's kidnapping. See U.S. Code Title 18, section 1201, a link to which can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/y586y3 .



You may want to call the police. Best of luck.
I understand what you are going through. Not sure if I have the whole story. Did you ever give her reason to distrust you so that she needs to know who you see and where? As a married couple, I think you need to keep her informed. However, I do not agree to her banning you from gym and driving, or confiscating the legal documents - sound very drastic and needs professional help! She may have been against gym due to the high membership fee or shapely women parading before you? I did not and still do not like mine watching another language channel due to the low IQ and flesh parade type of prgrammes, or horror movies, but as years went by, I gave him his some space to prevent quarrels. As you have a child coming your way, consider yourself blessed by God. Stay and fight for a better marriage by having a mutual talk. I know you would find it hard to remain calm but you have gotta try. Also, pray for guidance before you do anything. Good luck. BTW, pregnant ladies can be very unpredictable. My colleague's wife had fiery temper and lost her temper often - so he knew she was pregnant again!
First take a breather...

You've been married a short time, and are all ready expecting a child. Congrat's

Not knowing the full story, but it sounds like you're being selfish.

Has she always lived in the UK?

Does she have family or friends in the UK?



Remember those sweet dates you too had?

Remember why you married her?



Your wife is pregnant! How do you think she is feeling?



When you say you need her approval, come one, it is communication and honesty. %26quot;Hey, honey, I am going here with Ted, and I will be home at 10pm.. Can I bring anything home for you?



Relax, marriage is a special friendship, that needs work, time, and committment. ALL MARRIAGES do.



And people from the UK and the USA have different cultures, and sub-cultures.

with out knowing the whole story: try to understand how she is feeling right now, especially being pregnant.
I'd prefer to hear her side of the story as well. But, if you just want 'out' w/o trying to work it out (you've not said you have gone to marriage counselling), even though you have a child on the way, well then, go to the police station and ask for assistance.
Wow, that is definately abuse, psychological as well as physical. You need to gain back some control for starters...Call the police, first, and get assistance getting what rightfully belongs to you...like your passport for starters and drivers license also...pack up your clothes, and then get an attorney to start proceedings. You will have parental rights, and that will be settled in court mediations and similar hearings for you in your situation...When you have a mate acting this crazy and bizarre, expect a rough road, but from the sounds of it, that is nothing new... But, you cannot keep living like this...no one deserves to be basically held prisoner in life. I wish you the best, and hope it helps...Your life does need to change...and I hope it does soon. Take care.
sad how a marriage have to end with a divorce but sometimes u just don't have another option..i'm a female and believe in marriage to last 4ever but right this moment i think divorcing your wife is the only way to get your life back..i know what type of a woman ur wife is...u just can't reason out with her and she won't listen to anything u say and yet she wants you to listen to her..i have a few ideas as how you can take ur belongings and life back..1st idea is - why don't u try to contact her family in america and try to ask them to talk senses into ur wife's head..if that doesn't work then try 2nd idea- be nice to her and 1 day when she is less alert, grab ur things and run for your dear life.. but if u just run away then in the future u will have problems gaining custody for ur kid..life is tough..right now u need ur family support so talk to them often and don't keep everything to urself..she threathens to change the locks if you leave the house..that is just crazy..if i were u as much as i love my child i will just walk away and let time decide..1 day ur child will look for u or maybe when the time is right u can go and look for him/her..she will probably brainwash ur child to hate u so be strong and if u really am going to walk away do remember to keep track or keep in touch with her family in america cuz u might need their help someday..
Dang it does sound like your living in hell! I can't believe that she won't even let you go out after work with your friends! Did she not act like this before you got married or did it just all of a sudden change? It just sucks because now your going to have a child with this woman. I'm am so sorry. And I'm sorry about not being able to answer your question. I would say to call the cops because I'm sure she can't keep you license or passport!!! Sorry again!!!