Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change this lock?

I have a problem with a temporary guest in my house, She's constantly snooping and taking my things out of my room when I'm not home. I still live with my mom so there is no way I can change my locks and put something that requires a key (but im willing to), but my mom agrees that I need my privacy from this girl until she's out. I dont want to pay someone to change the locks, I have a standard passage doorknob set on my door nothing fancy, no locks or anything. I've seen a couple locks that didnt require a key just combination. Does anyone know any alternative to changing the locks or how I can change the passage set since I dont visibly see any screws? PLEASE HELP!
How do I change this lock?
Good morning little squaw... You just need to change the doorknob set on door... You no see screws because they hidden. Take small, think regular screwdriver... Go in room, close door... Examine door knob set... There should be small hole, or very small rectangular tab that hold know on set... Push this in, and pull knob off.. Now behind where knob was, there a shiny round (plate) that cover inner working of door set... This (plate) slip off toward where knob itself was located... Use screwdrive to pry this toward you, away from door. It should come off...



This will allow you to take knob off, and buy new knob set at Home Depot that contain a lock, and key...



Good luck... E-mail if you have any problem.