Thursday, October 6, 2011

How much does it cost to have a dead bolt changed?

I need to have the dead bolt / lock changes in my frount door asap. I tried to do it myself but after an hour I gave up and returned the lock to the store. How much would it cost to have a lock smith come out and change the lock and get a new lock?
How much does it cost to have a dead bolt changed?
generally we're probably lookin at about $50-$75 depending on your local lock smith. cheers!
How much does it cost to have a dead bolt changed?
$89 service call and $30 rekey charge for a double sided deadbolt.
About three fiddy
If u live in a place that has a landlord its free!! Tell him/her that the lock hasnt been locking right and u need a new one. He has to do it its the law. He has to take care of the property or u dont pay rent. As for locksmith i say $35-$50. If u have the lock.
it wouldnt take much time but I think most locksmiths will charge you a trip fee just to come out to your home to do it.



but really its a pretty easy and quick job...i have changed them out before and took about 5 or 10 minutes.
if you have just a little skill you can do it your self