Thursday, October 6, 2011

How long can I stay in my house after a Trustee Sale in California?

Hello everyone,



I know there have been many questions and answers regarding this question, but no one gets closer to %26quot;After%26quot; a Trustee Sale in California. I received a Notice of Trustee Sale that the house I live in and once owned ('cause I filed for Bankruptcy and the bank is taking it back) will be sold at public auction on 05/06/2010. My question is: What Happens Next? as Do I have to be out of the house by the sale date? Do I have at least a few days to vacant the house after the sale? Will the assigned RE broker will contact me? Will the RE agent will come to the house with a Locksmith and change locks? (which I read somewhere) I appreciate any help or idea as on what to expect after the Trustee Sale. Thanks.
How long can I stay in my house after a Trustee Sale in California?
You are expected out by the sales date. The new owner takes possession immediately.
How long can I stay in my house after a Trustee Sale in California?
You will receive a move out notice. The time depends on the lender.
Strictly speaking, you should be out when you no longer own it. That is the date and time of the auction.



In legal terms, you can stay in the house and force the new owner (probably the bank) to evict you. It will take them 30 days to evict you. The problem is that you now have an eviction on your credit report. The foreclosure is bad for your credit but you could still find a rental home. With the eviction on your record, you will be struggling to find a place to live.