Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can I get excused from subpoena? I am not a party.?

A guy I know had a religious nut suicidal wife. (She believes Santa and Satan are the same person with the name spelled differently to fool people). He loses his job due to an illness goes out of town on a job search. She changes locks on house, empties bank accounts, sells his car, keeps hers, files for divorce. He is homeless and penniless. He moves in temporarily with his daughter and sometimes with me but can't find a new job. Wifey wins temp divorce hearing because she has attorney and he doesn't. Final hearing is set and I am subpoenad because the hearing is 100 miles away and he has no transportation (They say I am being called as a witness. Not true). I am disabled. The legal system is a sham. What legal right do I have to not go and jeopardize my health?
How can I get excused from subpoena? I am not a party.?
There is one possibility.



While as long as the subpoena stands, you're bound to comply with the order to appear, it can be challenged.



What you'd have to do is either find an attorney (possibly try a local legal aid society if money is an issue, or do it yourself if you're comfortable trying) to write and submit a motion to quash the subpoena on the basis that complying imposes an undue hardship.
How can I get excused from subpoena? I am not a party.?
if you do not go a warrant for your arrest will be put out and you will be arrested eventually. then you'd get to go to jail and have to pay fines. its not worth it. try to get in contact with someone regarding the hearing and try to get out of it. otherwise, GO.
ask the court how am i involved with the case .if your friends with couple they probably want a character witness .You should get a note from your doctor telling your condition .If your doctor determines that it might jeopardize your health Im sure they will work something if all they want from you is a statement you could write it out have it notarized .if that's what they want. call and ask and tell your disabled .