Thursday, October 6, 2011

Countrywide Cut My Door Knobs Off?

A foreclosure in the State of: Arkansas



I was informed today by Countrywide Mortgage that they cut my door knobs off and changed locks on my vacant home back in February. I asked them when they were going to notifiy me or the realtor who has had the listing for the past year. She could not tell me what happend to the lockbox on the door. The agent was unable to explain why I had not recieved any notification as to the process of the forclosure. The representative could not get the appropriate department on the phone nor do they take your call when you call in. There was a notice posted on the vacant home door to call countrywide but the number is not answered or calls returned. Can they do this?

Its like changing the locks on your car leaving it in your driveway, charging you for its possession but not letting you drive it or get into it to sell it. How am I to sell a home that the mortgage co removes all access to potential buyers?
Countrywide Cut My Door Knobs Off?
I think Countrywide has been one of those companies in trouble too in the news. If it's in foreclosure or has been stopped in foreclosure because you're filing a chapter 11 or 13, that's one thing, but if it's finalized that the end of it.



You say they informed by Countrywide and asked them when there were going to notify you. Looks like they did when they called I don't understand your question.



However, cutting off the doorknobs and changing the locks won't keep thieves from breaking in and stealing what they can in wiring, plumbing fixtures and generally wreaking the house.
Countrywide Cut My Door Knobs Off?
You can't sell a home that's been foreclosed on.

Period - end of discussion. Countrywide was merely protecting its property based on your default. By sawing off doorknobs, they were within their rights to protect their property - from vandals and squatters. I had problems with Countrywide not answering their toll free numbers, but that doesn't matter to them. They expect formal contact with homeowners who have a deed of trust with them. Unless you have very deep pockets and want to waste your money and time trying to get justice from a failed home mortgage company, I suggest you just move on and make the best of it.
country wide is good at that, but they are getting there pay back

they have filed for bankruptcy them selves, they did that to my home also in cahoots with concenco ins co [ who also failed ]

walk away from it, ,
You no longer own the home if it has been foreclosed. More likely you avoided getting the notices. You will be notified how much you owe them when it is sold and the selling price is less than you owed.
Once you are behind on the payments they send people out to inspect the property. If they see it is vacant they will change the locks and secure the home.



They then continue with the foreclosure and inspect the home on a regular basis. If you read your mortgage agreement. They have every right to do this once the home is past due by one payment and it is vacant.



more: http://tinyurl.com/ghuvni