Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My trunk locks broken on my Fiero how do i get in it?

We recently changed the lock on my trunk and when we started out the lock was working now its not. It just turns when you try to open it. So i figured i'd try and open it with the trunk release button. That didn't work. Does anyone have any idea what i could do to fix it or how to break into the trunk?
My trunk locks broken on my Fiero how do i get in it?
I believe the clip that holds the lock into place has fell off,if so you might be able to holded the silver ring around the outside of the lock with a pair of pliers,then turn your key to open, you may have to go through the back seat in order to open the trunk.
My trunk locks broken on my Fiero how do i get in it?
did you disconnect the trunk release when you changed the lock? if not, have someone push down on the trunk while you pull the trunk release. once you get it open, you'll find that either the clip fell off, or the linkage rod from the lock to the mechanism fell off or is worn out. all

parts are easily r/r'd and reddily available at a scrap yard or dealer. Good Luck!