Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How Do you change a lock's combination? I need to know how because of some one stealing from my locker.?

Its a Mountain security Dial Combination Lock. It says it includes a Harden Shackle. It is a newer one( I think). I need your help!
How Do you change a lock's combination? I need to know how because of some one stealing from my locker.?
If this is a removable lock, your best bet is to buy a new one. I recommend the brand %26quot;American%26quot;. The American locks also use a key as well as the combo.



Stay away from %26quot;Master%26quot; combo locks as they are not very secure.
How Do you change a lock's combination? I need to know how because of some one stealing from my locker.?
you can't change combos on regular locks ,, they are made to have just the one,,, if it is made to be changed it would have said so...

just change the whole lock and be more careful when you open it..
I am assuming this is a PAD Lock? If it is , Unfortunately, most Pad Lock's combinations can't be changed. You will have to buy a new one.

If the Owners Manual says that it is changeable, as some are,you will need the key that came with the lock to be able to change the combo. If you have lost the key, you will have to buy a new Lock. Sorry.
Does the lock have one big dial that you rotate left then right etc? if so, then usually they have a pre-set combination that can't be changed. Some of the more expensive models can have a special key that is used to change the combination.



If the lock has several dials that you move each to the correct number, then these can usually be changed by opening the lock, and turning the shackle 180掳 and pushing it down (hold it down). Whilst the shackle is held down, dial in a new combination.



http://www.rossgalt.co.nz