Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do you change a lock that doesn't have any screws?

I got a door handle, with a lock from my girlfriend and there were no instructions because her family had already used it but all of the peices were still there. How do I change it? There is no way to put screws in the side you lock. I can put it in but it will just fall off...
How do you change a lock that doesn't have any screws?
Go to the store and buy a new lock cause if you put it in and it jams up or doesn't work you will have a real time to get it out and trying to search for parts is just a big waste of time.



When installing the new lock set check out what the last lock set looked like before you start putting the door set together, cause I put the new door knob in backwards and couldn't get the door to open, and test it a few times inside and make sure someone is inside before you go locking yourself out. If it is a deadbolt don't tighten the screws too tight or the lock will not unlock.