Friday, September 23, 2011

How dow i talk to my parents about not just walking in to my wife and mines house and how to be nice about it,

i love my perents, but it keeps happenening, my parents love me and i know they mean well, but my wife dosent want people coming in going in our house, she wants them to call, she gave me four options talk to them, change locks or she leaves me or we move, how do i go about this
How dow i talk to my parents about not just walking in to my wife and mines house and how to be nice about it,
our family always had an open door policy, but my son-in-law didn%26#039;t like it so my daughter just told me and that solved the problem.
How dow i talk to my parents about not just walking in to my wife and mines house and how to be nice about it,
basically, just tell them... spouse is first now, who cares if your parents get mad... but, my guess is they will understand if you explain to them you have a married private life... remind them of this! good luck... or, is she worried they will catch her doing something she shouldn%26#039;t...??? dig a little deeper... and find out... either way, they should not walk in... and she should not be doing anything she shouldn%26#039;t... good luck...
just tell ur parents too respect ur privacy and make sure they dont walk in just also tell them to call to make sure u are goin to be there because if they want to visit u might have plans. dont let ur parents ruin ur marriage just set guidelines
1) Change the locks

2) When mom and pops stop by, dont%26#039; asnwer the door

3) When mom and pop call and say %26quot;Hey son, our key doesn%26#039;t seem to work%26quot; then you *politely* explain to them that you%26#039;ve changed the locks.

4) When mom and pop ask %26quot;son, why did you change the locks?%26quot; *politely* explain to them that you and your wife feel more comfortable being the only people able to walk in and out of the house

5) When mom and pop look confused and say %26quot;huh?%26quot; *politely* explain.....%26quot;Look, we love that you guys want to spend time with us, but please, call before heading over. We want to be prepared for your visits. Thanks for understanding....Love you guys.%26quot; (And hug each other)



Good luck :)
I wouldn%26#039;t stay with a woman who threated to leave, just to get her own way. That%26#039;s emotional blackmail. Never give in to blackmail. Sounds like your issue is her, not your parents.
Tell your parents that they need to call before coming over to see if it is a good time for company or not. It is only common courtesy to call someone before going to visit them even if they are your family.
Ask them if they would they please call to give you forewarning they are coming. Say you are afraid they will catch you making whoopie. Or blame your wife.
Just say that you don%26#039;t intend this to come off in a mean way, but a heads up before they just pop in would be nice and respectful. I know what its like to have inlaws to pop in unanounced. Its frustrating. So just I can see where your wife is coming from. I think you need to tell your parents that it makes your wife uneasy about how they just come over without checking to see if its a good time.
Next time they just walk in say %26quot; I%26#039;m sure glad you guys didn%26#039;t walk in about 30 seconds ago%26quot;, then look at your wife, zip your zipper and slap her on the butt. They%26#039;ll get the hint.
Good question! My mom had to do the same thing to me and my husband. I just naturally assumed that it was OK to show up whenever and walk right in her house. Just had our first baby and needed lots of help so we would always go visit my parents.

Well after a couple of months, my mom got sick of it and told me the next time I want to come over, I needed to call...or at least knock :)

It hurt my feelings at first (I assumed since It was my old house, that I was welcomed whenever), but I came to realize why she was upset about it, not because she didn%26#039;t love us, but she wanted/needed her privacy :)



But I would just tell your mom! She will get her feelings hurt, but at least your got your point across. Tell her she is welcome no matter what, but she needs to call first before she just shows up unannounced! She will be respectful of yours and your wife%26#039;s feelings.
Tell your parents that your changing the locks because people just walk in and it%26#039;s bothering the both of you. That, or get naked and shock them.lol
Next time they com over unannounced, leave. Not with angry words... tell them %26quot;Hi, good to see you. Too bad we did not know you were coming and we have plan to go out. Love you...%26quot;



Do this EVERY time they come over unannounced and soon, they%26#039;ll call ahead.
change the locks and pretend you dont know them. wow this is hard to believe. Your parents just need to let go already.
Your wife has the right to ask that. It is her house. My father in law used to do that to me all the time. I asked my husband to talk to him but he still does it. So one time, I went to the door with only my underwear on. He got the message loud and clear. He never did it again. And we have a very good relationship now. Tell your parents %26quot;Will you guys please give us a call before you come over? because we might have something else planned%26quot;. If they ignore your request and still show up unannounced, tell them %26quot;I%26#039;m sorry but we already planned on going out%26quot; Walk out with them and take your wife for a drive. They will get the hint. Don%26#039;t worry, your parents will not hate you. They love you. They just need to be reminded you have a family now. And your house is yours, not an extension of their house.
Okay...this is a common problem.



I would just level with your folks. I bet they%26#039;ll understand, and how would they feel if they just walked in one day and found you two in a, well, %26quot;compromising position?%26quot; How do they know what you might be doing, say, on the living room floor or kitchen table?



I%26#039;d just tell them you are BOTH uncomfortable about it, and you don%26#039;t want to hurt their feelings, but you do enjoy your privacy. Suggest they give you some warning before they literally %26quot;drop in%26quot; on you!



Good luck!
Change the locks, explain to your parents that you love them and want to see them just as often as ever but don%26#039;t want to have to worry about them walking in at an inoppotune moment! That should suffice as to why you prefer a bit more privacy without hurting feelings.
i used to use my key to get into my mom%26#039;s house (after my dad passed away) all of us kids did. then she got remarried and we found out pretty quickly to use the bell. my sister walked in on them doing the nasty in the living room! her eyes are still burning!

if there are no kids, start walking around the house naked or if you know they are on their way over start making out on the couch or something. i bet after the first time of seeing that, it will burn their eyes.

keep the doors locked and if that doesn%26#039;t work, shove a chair under the knob. then explain why you are doing that!

it%26#039;s out of respect for you and your wife. end of story!
change the locks and when they come over without calling don%26#039;t answer the door after a few times of this happen they will start to call to see if your home. but tell them they need to call you before they come over.
I gonna have to side with the wife on this one....



They are your parents, therefore you are the one who should be speaking with them...%26amp; do not blame your wife when you explain why it isn%26#039;t a good ideal to drop in on NewlyWeds!!



Don%26#039;t change the locks. Shouldn%26#039;t be necessary. Explain to your parents that you are somewhat of a Sexual Deviant!! and that you have a serious Whip Cream Fetish! Give them a can show them how to shake it up and squirt alittle on the back of your hand. Lick it off and say....Seee, I chase my wife around the house with this can and sometimes a spray her and sometimes she sprays me and then we lick it off and we would be sooo embarrassed if you caught us breathless and sticky.



Good Luck,



%26amp; you should really try this. (chasing with whip cream- oh and I%26#039;ve heard it%26#039;s great without cloths) Great for setting off a great week-end with your wife
Well............you%26#039;re just going to have to be a %26#039;man%26#039; about it and tell them why! You and your wife value your privacy.... ie; %26#039;casualy after a shower and drying-off you or she my walk to your bedroom, nude%26#039;.

CHANGING THE LOCKS WILL HELP, TEMPORARILY. Once you%26#039;ve had the locks changed, even if you say it%26#039;s for safety reasons, they%26#039;ll ask for a %26#039;NEW%26#039; key.
Since your parents are the ones doing it, and your wife doesn%26#039;t like it, then it%26#039;s time you sat down and politely asked your family to not come over unannounced.



It is really just a matter of setting limits and boundaries.



You are married now, and you and your wife need your privacy. Tell them that you and she would very much appreciate it if they would call first, in case you have plans- or are otherwise engaged...! (After all, we shouldn%26#039;t do to others what we wouldn%26#039;t like others to do to us either, no?)



Don%26#039;t change the locks before talking to them, though. I think that would be very extreme and would make things very tense.
I think you need to look at both sitatuations.



Your parents want to help, but coming around and %26quot;just dropping by%26quot; isn%26#039;t always good either.



I think you need to sit down with your wife and explain to her they are just trying to help, but you respect her enough to ask your parents to please call before stopping by.



Change your locks, and that way they won%26#039;t be tempted to come around and %26quot;walk in%26quot; uninvited.



And lastly have a sit down with your wife and parents and find a common middle compromise to have both of them understand.



Not only will your wife back off, your parents will appriciate you telling them it has been an issue and respect that.



You can%26#039;t be afraid to talk to your parents. Just be straight forward with them.
There are a lot of wonderful answers here, and I agree with them, you have been given several ways to tell your parents that. Your wife has every right to not want them walking in on her, even if you are at work, it doesn%26#039;t mean she%26#039;s doing something that she shouldn%26#039;t, but okay, as an example, when its hot in the summer, and i%26#039;m home alone, i will clean up the house or relax on the couch in old track shorts and a sports bra. NOT something i want his parents (or mine) to see!!! lol. They don%26#039;t know what is going on in your house, and they could walk in on you two doing any number of things. After we left the army, and lived with my in laws before we found our own place, my MIL walked in on me giving my hubby oral. without knocking. please talk to your parents. they will understand
Be a man, change the locks today. Yes you love your parents, but you live with your wife.
Just sit them down and say that you do not want them just coming over anymore unannounced. If they do not respect that then change the locks and have no regrets.
If you think your parents would not take it kindly, then just change the locks they would get the picture.