Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do I change the lock settings for my 2005 Mustang?

Right now, when I press the unlock button on the keyfob it will unlock the driver side door only. I have to press it twice to unlock both doors. How do I change it so that both doors unlock at once?
How do I change the lock settings for my 2005 Mustang?
YEAH THAT'S ANNOYING ISNT IT.



I HATE THAT AS WELL.



I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE IT TO YOUR FORD DEALER AND THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO REPROGRAM IT.



IF IT'S NOT REPROGRAMABLE I THINK YOU CAN TAKE IT TO A LOCAL CUSTOM SHOP AND THEY SHOULD DEAL WITH A PAIR OF WIRES OR STICK IN A RELAY. NOT A BIG DEAL.



U KNOW, I SHOULD FIX THAT AS WELL.

I HATE THAT FEATURE

IT THE SAME ON MY DADS F150 AND MY MOMS EDGE.

I NEED TO GET RID OF IT AS WELL.
How do I change the lock settings for my 2005 Mustang?
Is it really that big of a deal? Are you that lazy that you cannot press the button twice?





I've never heard of anyone doing this. Most people get an alarm which allows the feature you want. But there probably is a way to do this with the factory keyfob, although factory bypass procedures are usually a PITA.
That's the way they are made and programmed from the factory. I'm not sure if there is a code that you can put in that will change it to open all doors. I faintly recall that there is, but it has never been a problem before. Look in the owners manual and see if it describes the procedure to change it.
It won't be fixed at the dealer... it's set up from the factory like that and it can't be changed. It the way it's designed in the module wiring internally....



It was done so people wouldn't hit the button on their remote to get in and accidently say allow a criminal into your car from the other side.. most are set up like that.



A custom shop can set it up possibly... But I'd recommend against it on that 2005... It uses a fuse box with a computer in it now, and possible hacking can cause more issues that just feeding one power signal into the other one.
I agree with gearbox. Its designed that way. Lets say your trying to get in the car with someone on the other side you dont want to get in - by hitting the button once you only allow yourself to get in (SAFETY FEATURE,BE THANKFUL).