Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I change my lock combination?

I have a lock that looks like this http://www.masterlock.com/cgi-bin/product_detail.pl?dir=/residential/schoolcampus/%26amp;displaynav=%26amp;sub_cat_id=D1534%26amp;template=style it's a password lock. There's rotating things with letters and numbers. I know my current password but want to change it. How?!
How do I change my lock combination?
This should work:



1. Open the lock.

2. Rotate the shackle 180 degrees so that it is parallel with the body of the lock -- just as though you were about to close it, but with the shackle facing the wrong way.

3. Push the shackle in, as though you were closing lock.

4. Hold it in and set the new combination. (On some models, you will not have to hold the shackle in place.)

5. Release the shackle. (Or, if you did not have to hold it in, pull it up.)



The new combination should now be set. As with all such products, test it before locking it onto an item.



Hopefully, you've successfully reset the lock combination!