Friday, September 23, 2011

Is it possible to have car locks changed?

Last night, my four roommates and I went down the street at about midnight to grab a quick bite to eat. Between that time and 12:45 when we returned, our house had been robbed. They took 2 laptops (including my brand spanking new one, of course), 3 ipods, 3 digital cameras, 3 cell phones, hundreds of dollars in cash, and 3 sets of keys, among other things. To top it off, they used one of my roommates cars for their getaway. We filed a report immediately... no sign of the car or anything yet.



Anyway, back to my question. One of the sets of keys contained my spare car key. I am obviously very afraid that they could come back for my car next. I bought a club for the steering wheel today, and moved the car about a mile from here. Well, this will work for now, but I can't park a mile from my house forever. Does anyone know if it's possible to have a dealer or locksmith change the key locks to the car? How much would something like that cost? I can't break the bank... I had over $2000 worth of stuff stolen that needs replaced. The car is a 2002 Hyundai Elantra, if that helps. Thanks for any help or advice!
Is it possible to have car locks changed?
man that sucks.. but yes the dealer can change the locks.. sometimes the insurance company will pay for it since they stole your keys too.. don't forget to change the locks on the house too
Is it possible to have car locks changed?
It can be done by the dealer but it's going to cost (I don't know how much for sure).
yes. you can go to the dealer and have it done
just change the ignition lock assembly/you need 2 kets after that but its much cheaper that way/watch out for the guy waiting a month for you to replace the stuff and he comes back for the new/by the way its usually somebody that has been in the place/a so called friend/who else knew the stash?
sure the locks can be changed, you will have to order a new set of locks for it at the dealer and have them installed, price?, you will have to ask the dealer.