Friday, September 23, 2011

Keys stolen, how do I change locks on 92 honda accord?

Purse was stolen with keys inside. Is it possible to rekey the doors??
Keys stolen, how do I change locks on 92 honda accord?
Yes. I would expect about $200 for a locksmith to do 4 doors, but it's been a while since I got a quote from a locksmith. It sounds like a good idea... although also check on the price of having an alarm system installed. It may be a better value.



I sympathize about the purse. What a hassle!
Keys stolen, how do I change locks on 92 honda accord?
It's possible yeah, you'll have to call local locksmiths to get a quote.

Dealerships will usually just sell you a complete lock change out that includes the trunk, all doors, and the ignition switch.



Don't forget to do the ignition as well, if they do plan on taking your car, just re-keying the doors won't be enough and would be pointless if the same key can still start the car.
Unless you live in a small town, I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Just get your plates changed and you should be good. I doubt anyone would know/find your vehicle and steal it. An alarm system would probably be the best thing if you are worried about it. Crutchfield.com has a couple good alarm systems for under $200.