Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wife left me/Change locks(PA)?

She took a bunch of things and is pretty much storing stuff here until she finds a place down the road(she moved in with her sister). I don%26#039;t want her coming and going as she pleases when I am not around. I was told that I can not change the locks right away. I was just wondering after how much time has passed am I legally able to change the locks and how long is she able to hoard her belongings here?





Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time for your response(s).|||You have to file a report stating that she %26quot;skipped out%26quot; through your local court and then, at least in California, check your state for more details you have to store her stuff for 18 days then if she doesn%26#039;t get them you have to place a value on the items if it is worth more than $300.00 you must auction it and credit her amount due with any of the amounts sold in auction. You can charge her a full days rent for every day her stuff is there. You can change the locks and send her a notice that she must come with a police officer to grab her things due to possible domestic dispute. Good luck!|||Consult with an lawyer. I believe you can not change locks until you file for divorce or seperation legally.|||Why can%26#039;t you change the locks? This is news to me.|||I think that it would be fair to give her a timeline to have her stuff out of the house, at which time you can change the locks. She should respect the fact that she can%26#039;t just come and go as she pleases.|||If you are still married and not legally seperated you can%26#039;t change the locks unless she isn%26#039;t on the house deed or isn%26#039;t on the rental agreement.