Saturday, June 4, 2011

Is it possible to get the locks changed to my car?

I would like to change the locks to my car entry, glove and trunk, also if possible my ignitan? Where could I get this done and how much round about would it cost me? This for a Buick Lesbrea 1994 ltd in the city of washington, dc metropolitian area|||Wattup from pg county neighbor, you sure can change out the locks for all that. Try champion automotive in landover on martin luther king highway, I forgot their number but I would guess a couple hundred bucks.|||yes its possible|||If you are handy, you can do this yourself for a part cost of about $15 a lock. (less than that if you find it in a junkyard) An ignition requires a specialty tool and is typically less expensive if you go to a dealership. They have the tools on hand. The next cheapest way to do that is to find a parts store that has a tool loaner option. Then you can get the tool and buy the parts for less money. Then you can either take it to a small garage, do it yourself, or buy lunch for a friend to do it:) Good luck?|||You can get locks changed easily. The most costly would be the ignition. I changed some on my car and it was about $40 per lock and the ignition was about $120.|||a car dealer will have to do it .some state%26#039;s do not allow a lock smith to handle this. all of your lock%26#039;s can be changed,anytime.|||I bought one door lock with the keys, and fit the rest of the lock cylinders to fit that key. Its not hard to do if you%26#039;re mechanically inclined, but a exploded drawing would help.