Thursday, October 6, 2011

How can i open schlage lock with thumb turn?

tenant moved in 3 months ago into my apartment and is not paying me rent . I showed up at the properity and i noticed that he changed lock on me!! Without leting me know. He is rejecting my phone calls and it looks like he may not even live there anymore!!!, This is the lock he installed http://www.lockz.com/Schlage_Locks-Deadb鈥?/a> Iam thinking about kicking the door out but i dont want to demage door anymore than he already did. Advice would be greatly apreaciated. I dont want to hire a locksmith because for what i would have to pay him I could buy a new door.
How can i open schlage lock with thumb turn?
Be sure there is no tenant inside the house before you consider breaking the door down or bypassing the lock. If you are satisfied it is safe to enter, purchase a new lock set and take it with you. Drill a hole in the keyhole using a 1/4%26quot; to 3/8%26quot; drill bit. Drill about two or three inches deep and insert a flat screw driver in the hole to turn the lock. Once you've gained entry you can install the new lock set. That's far cheaper than kicking the door down and having to replace the door jamb and trim and possibly the entire door.
How can i open schlage lock with thumb turn?
hire a locksmith and add that to his bill at the court case